2019 Frigid Infliction/Nettle – Update #1
Hello adventure racers!
T-Minus 2 1/2 weeks till race day! Bolton backcountry just got another foot yesterday with more on the way!
A few important details:
- NOTE TO THOSE PLANNING TO RENT EQUIPMENT: Bolton has a ton of new staff this year including at the Nordic center. This year they are not reserving equipment in advance as in year’s past. To avoid any last minute problems/rental shortages, please fill out this form so we can give Bolton an accurate number of expected rentals and make sure they have enough size 9 boots and such. https://goo.gl/forms/tGJbv6QSYoZU24Uz2
- Please review the race documents including rules, required gear lists, and waivers (link below). If you are a veteran racer it will all look familiar as nothing has changed. Pack carefully, there might be an on course gear check or challenge that will be made easier with what you’ve packed (hint hint) Race Rules/Mandatory Gear/Waivers
- For Nettle racers the same gear lists applies, with the exception that xc skis are optional.
- If you’re looking for an easy solution to the med kit requirements, I’m a big fan of the “Adventure Medical Kits Ultra light” kits, OGE stocks them.
- As it stands now we will NOT force you to carry your skis through the wilderness – they’ll be on your feet or in the care of a volunteer. You’re welcome.
FRIGID RACERS SCHEDULE:
Check in will be Friday March 1st anytime 5:30pm-9:00pm. Expect this to take about 20-30 minutes. Verifying gear, filling out medical forms, team picture and picking up race swag!
Pre-race briefing is scheduled for Saturday morning at 4:30am. You’ll want to make sure you’re ready to go by then. Race start is at 5am, with all racers expected to be off course no later than 3pm. Dinner is expected to be served by 4:30pm.
NETTLE RACERS SCHEDULE:
Check in will be Saturday March 2nd from 9-9:45am, followed by the pre-race briefing at 9:45 and mass start at 10am, with all racers expected to be off course no later than 3pm. Dinner is expected to be served by 4:30pm.
FREE NAVIGATION CLINIC:
Friday evening from 8-9pm we will be hosting a free navigation clinic for anyone that wants to hone/refresh some skills before race day. If you’ve never used a compass or looked at a topo map before, it would be good to spend a few minutes learning the basics between now and then. REI has a great video (7 minutes) explaining compass navigation which can be found here: Learn to Navigate With Map And Compass
WIN A $50 OGE GIFT CARD!
In case you missed our last email, we’re extending our OGE gift card raffle! To win, all you have to do is spread the word about the races – When a team of new racers signs up for either the Frigid or the Nettle by Feb 18th and mentions your name, you’re automatically entered!
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions please post in the comments section below so we can answer for all to see!